Many successful individuals engage in charitable giving. In some cases, you may achieve this through donations made direct to existing individual charities. In others, establishing your own charitable trust may be preferred, particularly where significant funds are involved and a long lasting cause is to be pursued.
In either case, no one supports charity to simply save tax. But tax savings will ensure your giving stretches further and we have the knowledge and experience to show you how to make sure your charitable giving has greater impact. This includes the giving of money, property and other assets, whether during lifetime or on death.
Our in-depth experience will allow us to help your approach to philanthropy and charitable giving with:
- The creation of a new charity, either as an unincorporated trust or an incorporated entity
- The issues faced by a charity during its life, including the governance arrangements
- The administration, accounting, regulatory and compliance issues
- How best to deal with a charity as it comes to the end of its useful life
- When a charity’s objectives are best achieved by merging with, or being acquired by, another charity
Our commitment to philanthropy and charitable giving is evidenced by the charitable causes Ritchie Phillips is proud to support, now and in the past.